VPS Security Essentials
Essential steps that one must follow after receiving access credentials for keeping Virtual Private Server safe and secure –
- 1 Check for updates of a regular basis of the Linux operating system used in the VPS.
- 2 Always use a password that is complex. The password must be at least 8 characters long and is preferred to have lower case letters, capital letters, and a combination of special characters and numbers.
- 3 Secure file transfer method should be used.
- 4 Backup of all data must be taken on a daily basis.
- 5 Unused accounts must be removed.
- 6 Good firewall strategy must be used for protecting applications, ports, and services.